- Criminal Minds
- Vampire Diaries
- The Originals
- Doctor Who
AC:NL DREAM CODE:
Republicans talking shit AGAIN. This @GOP tweet is the literal opposite of what they believe, campaign, and how they vote.
They know that no matter how outrageously they lie, their base will still believe them.
The Animal Rescue Site is having trouble getting enough people to click on it daily so they can meet their quota of getting FREE FOOD donated every day to abused and neglected animals in their shelters.
It takes less than a minute (only about 15 seconds actually) to go to their site and click on the purple box titled, ‘Click Here to Give - it’s FREE!’. Every click gives about .6 bowls of food to sheltered dogs. You can also click daily!
Keep in mind that this does not cost you a thing. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate food to abandoned/neglected animals in exchange for advertising. [via.]
Go to the website HERE.
It’s just a click… takes about 1 or 2 seconds.
there’s no pop-up ads or anything on the site
just click it once and you’re done
if all of my followers click, it’s more than a few thousand meals so.. please?
do the thing
Greg Abbot wants reparative therapy for LGBTQPA Texans! We need to spread the word on Tumblr so that he doesnt win the Texas Gubernatorial election. Wendy Davis plans to protect LGBTQPA Texans! Reblog so that other fellow Texans may see this and hopefully vote for Wendy!
VOTE FOR WENDY DAVIS
So that bigoted GARBAGE like that worthless, hideous good for nothing fuckwit Greg Abbot lose the election
I was born in lancaster, Ca and lived there a good part of my life and let me tell you this: that place is a shit hole. People being abducted, the problems with drugs and over all racist shitty place.
Lancaster is crap.
"Klancaster" is not your Hollywood portrayed Californian town.
let’s talk about what a fab human dan radcliffe is…
a++ work, do not regret 13yo me’s crush on him at all
Prince Harry and John Barrowman both do a mutual high five/ass slap combo omg
Can we just appreciate that John smacked Prince Harry’s royal ass so hard that the guy actually had to rub himself a little while John waves his hand
Can we just appreciate that John smacked Prince Harry’s royal ass
It’s basically illegal not to reblog this.
The Histoire de Curbes, Pulp Fashion Week Show(lle-de-France, France)
it’s nice to see people who look more like me on my dash.
I love to see the celebration of all women’s bodies.
This is VERY important
See the full footage here: Winston (kitty) takes care of Zeke (puppy)
"Zeke just got home from the vet — being allergic to certain grasses, he broke out in hives and they gave him steroid and benadryl shots. This is Winston, loving and taking care of him"
A cats purr vibrates at a frequency that promotes bone health and aids in healing. So the kitty is probably trying to purr him better.
Let’s talk about Dean’s reflexes + knife throwing skills tho…
Dean is a freakin’ badass (and if you don’t think that, you’re wrong ;) ) but that’s an amazingly quick reaction… with an amazing level of accuracy… in the episode right after he was branded with the Mark of Cain… Just sayin’.
"Never bring a knife to a gun fight, you’ll always lose."
[Dean Winchester hysterically laughing in the background]
a whistling Dalton!Blaine because even though there’s a lot of meta about Blaine and Dalton and it’s not always good, I love the uniforms and I loved his confidence in that uniform.
So, I want to write a poem right now, but I’m not feeling particularly inspired…I Googled “things to write poems about” and a whole list came up. Here’s a link, and it’s all transcribed below.
- A particular color
- Being underwater
- A person whose life you’re curious about
- Your mother’s perfume
- Falling asleep or waking up
- Growing older
- The feeling of getting lost in a book
- How to know if you’re in love
- A bad dream
- A ghost
- Your city, town, or neighborhood
- An important life choice you’ve made
- Spring, summer, fall, or winter
- Something most people see as ugly but which you see as beautiful
- Becoming a parent
- An event that changed you
- A place you visited — how you imagined it beforehand, and what it was actually like
- The ocean
- The speed of light
- A voodoo doll
- Reflections on a window
- A newspaper headline
- Your greatest fear
- Your grandmother’s hands
- A particular toy you had as a child
- Being invisible
- A time you felt homesick
- Having an affair, or discovering your partner is having one
- A favorite food and a specific memory of eating it
- An imaginary city
- Driving with the radio on
- Life in an aquarium
- Walking with your eyes closed
- What a computer might daydream about
- Time travel
- Brothers or sisters
- Your job, or a job you’ve had
- Leaving home
- A zoo
- A historical event from the perspective of someone who saw it firsthand (You will have to do some research for this).
- Holding your breath
- Intimacy and privacy
- A time you were tempted to do something you feel is wrong
- Physical attraction to someone
- A superstition you have
- Someone you admire
Poem starters- the five senses
- Write about the taste of: an egg, an orange, medicine, cinnamon
- Write about the smell of: burning food, melting snow, the ocean, your grandparents’ home, the inside of a bus, pavement after the rain
- Write about the sound of: a radio changing channels, a dog howling, a football or baseball game, your parents talking in another room
- Write about the sight of: lit windows in a house when you’re standing outside at night, someone you love when he or she doesn’t know you’re watching, a dying plant, shadows on snow
- Write about the feeling of: grass under bare feet, a really bad kiss, the headrush when you stand up too fast, sore muscles, falling asleep in the back seat of a moving car.
Poem starters- three elements
Write a poem that contains all three of the elements in any of the lists below:
- a dessert, a memory, and someone in your family
- dancing, a pitch-black room, and the smell of lilacs
- a balloon, smoke, and a keyhole
- a secret box, an ice cube tray, and a velvet ribbon
- a betrayal, soap, and a plane ticket
I’m making it my mission to write about all of these things. Yep.
There’s an abundance of bad things happening right now, and it’s hard not to be sucked into that black hole of sadness, so let’s have a puppy party shall we.
Because, let’s face it, dogs never grow up.
ADDED BONUS, PUPS IN MOTION!!!
"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.
In the fell clutch of circumstance,
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.
Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul. “
- Ailurophile: A cat-lover.
- Assemblage: A gathering.
- Becoming: Attractive.
- Beleaguer: To exhaust with attacks.
- Brood: To think alone.
- Bucolic: In a lovely rural setting.
- Bungalow: A small, cozy cottage.
- Chatoyant: Like a cat’s eye.
- Comely: Attractive.
- Conflate: To blend together.
- Cynosure: A focal point of admiration.
- Dalliance: A brief love affair.
- Demesne: Dominion, territory.
- Demure: Shy and reserved.
- Denouement: The resolution of a mystery.
- Desuetude: Disuse.
- Desultory: Slow, sluggish.
- Diaphanous: Filmy.
- Dissemble: Deceive.
- Dulcet: Sweet, sugary.
- Ebullience: Bubbling enthusiasm.
- Effervescent: Bubbly.
- Efflorescence: Flowering, blooming.
- Elision: Dropping a sound or syllable in a word.
- Elixir: A good potion.
- Eloquence: Beauty and persuasion in speech.
- Embrocation: Rubbing on a lotion.
- Emollient: A softener.
- Ephemeral: Short-lived.
- Epiphany: A sudden revelation.
- Erstwhile: At one time, for a time.
- Ethereal: Gaseous, invisible but detectable.
- Evanescent: Vanishing quickly, lasting a very short time.
- Evocative: Suggestive.
- Fetching: Pretty.
- Felicity: Pleasantness.
- Forbearance: Withholding response to provocation.
- Fugacious: Fleeting.
- Furtive: Shifty, sneaky.
- Gambol: To skip or leap about joyfully.
- Glamour: Beauty.
- Gossamer The finest piece of thread, a spider’s silk
- Halcyon: Happy, sunny, care-free.
- Harbinger: Messenger with news of the future.
- Imbrication: Overlapping and forming a regular pattern.
- Imbroglio: An altercation or complicated situation.
- Imbue: To infuse, instill.
- Incipient: Beginning, in an early stage.
- Ineffable: Unutterable, inexpressible.
- Ingénue: A naïve young woman.
- Inglenook: A cozy nook by the hearth.
- Insouciance: Blithe nonchalance.
- Inure: To become jaded.
- Labyrinthine: Twisting and turning.
- Lagniappe: A special kind of gift.
- Lagoon: A small gulf or inlet.
- Languor: Listlessness, inactivity.
- Lassitude: Weariness, listlessness.
- Leisure: Free time.
- Lilt: To move musically or lively.
- Lissome: Slender and graceful.
- Lithe: Slender and flexible.
- Love: Deep affection.
- Mellifluous: Sweet sounding.
- Moiety: One of two equal parts.
- Mondegreen: A slip of the ear.
- Murmurous: Murmuring.
- Nemesis: An unconquerable archenemy.
- Offing: The sea between the horizon and the offshore.
- Onomatopoeia: A word that sounds like its meaning.
- Opulent: Lush, luxuriant.
- Palimpsest: A manuscript written over earlier ones.
- Panacea: A solution for all problems
- Panoply: A complete set.
- Pastiche: An art work combining materials from various sources.
- Penumbra: A half-shadow.
- Petrichor: The smell of earth after rain.
- Plethora: A large quantity.
- Propinquity: An inclination.
- Pyrrhic: Successful with heavy losses.
- Quintessential: Most essential.
- Ratatouille: A spicy French stew.
- Ravel: To knit or unknit.
- Redolent: Fragrant.
- Riparian: By the bank of a stream.
- Ripple: A very small wave.
- Scintilla: A spark or very small thing.
- Sempiternal: Eternal.
- Seraglio: Rich, luxurious oriental palace or harem.
- Serendipity: Finding something nice while looking for something else.
- Summery: Light, delicate or warm and sunny.
- Sumptuous: Lush, luxurious.
- Surreptitious: Secretive, sneaky.
- Susquehanna: A river in Pennsylvania.
- Susurrous: Whispering, hissing.
- Talisman: A good luck charm.
- Tintinnabulation: Tinkling.
- Umbrella: Protection from sun or rain.
- Untoward: Unseemly, inappropriate.
- Vestigial: In trace amounts.
- Wafture: Waving.
- Wherewithal: The means.
- Woebegone: Sorrowful, downcast.
- Baisemain: a kiss on the hand.
- Basorexia: an overwhelming desire to neck or kiss.
- Brontide: the low rumbling of distant thunder.
- Dactylion: the tip of a middle finger.
- Dendolatry: worship of trees.
- Epeolatry: worship of words.
- Gargalesthesia: the sensation caused by tickling.
- Lethologica: the inability to recall a precise word for something.
- Lygerastia: the condition of one who is only amorous when the lights are out.
- Naupathia: sea sickness.
- Nudiustertian: pertaining to the day before yesterday.
- Petrichor: the smell of rain on dry ground.
- Psithurism: a whispering sound, i.e: the sound of wind in trees, or rustling leaves.
- Tacenda: things not to be mentioned.
- Witzelsucht: a feeble attempt at humour.
- Woundy: excessively; extremely.